Resources and more resources … dive in and learn more!
There is so much information available about sustainable business and how you can make an impact with your investments that it can be tough to know where to start. So I’ve compiled some resources that I believe to be reputable and useful.
The list on this page includes links that give you a 30,000 foot overview of the space and includes some high quality publications you can subscribe to. Other pages include regional information (Southeastern U.S.), indexes for investing in sustainable and other specific funds and equities, top organizations for education programs related to impact investing, events I’m attending (nationally and internationally) and others highly rated conferences and opportunities and videos and documentaries, which is where I’ve started collecting some favorites to share.
If you know of a resource you think should be included here, by all means let me know.
Conferences, Associations and Databases
- US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment, formerly the Social Investment Forum (SIF), the U.S. membership association for professionals, firms, institutions and organizations engaged in sustainable and responsible investing.
- ImpactAssets 50: An Annual Showcase of Impact Investment Fund Managers, the first open-source, publicly published database of experienced private debt and equity impact investment fund managers.
- Rio+20, the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development conference that took place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, June 2012.
- Greening the Blue, United Nations, a United Nations organization that communicates with all UN staff as well as external stakeholders to raise awareness of the importance of sustainability throughout the UN system and highlight what’s been achieved and what’s next.
- Principles for Social Investment Secretariat (PSIS) from the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) supports the implementation of effective social investment practices by United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) signatories and corporate and private philanthropic foundations.
Research and Nonprofits
- Global Reporting Initiative, a non-profit organization that promotes economic, environmental and social sustainability by providing a comprehensive and standardized sustainability reporting framework for use worldwide.
- Sustainalytics, a global leader in sustainability analysis.
- Trucost provides data and insight to help its clients understand the economic consequences of natural capital dependency.
- BSR works with business to create a just and sustainable world.
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine provides senior executives with learning, meeting and networking experiences on corporate responsibility, human resources and financial management.
- Stanford Social Innovation Review, an award-winning magazine and website that covers cross-sector solutions to global problems including environmental, social and economic justice issues.
- Sustainable Brands, an independent media company producing a website, award-winning magazine, newsletters, Webinar series, case studies and economic forums.
- Triple Pundit, a new-media company for the business community that cultivates awareness and understanding of the triple bottom line through editorial coverage, news and discussions on sustainable business.
- Ethical Corporation focuses on global ethical business and how large companies are responding to the sustainable business agenda.